Friday, November 5, 2010

Chinese Lantern


Catherine brought me a Chinese Lantern quilt for me quilt up.  She had a wonderful assortment of Asian-inspired fabrics, probably bought as fat quarters, and was a great way to incorporate them all into one quilt.


This is the 3rd quilt of this type I've had to do, so I wanted to quilt something differently than the others. 

Catherine requested something very simple and light, and Hobbs PolyDown batting.  She was happy with the result.






Funny thing is, this "simple" quilting job takes twice as long as an all-over pantograph, with all it's starts and stops and advancing and reversing the quilt, and burying the threads, which takes up so much time.  I have to charge more for it than for an allover design, which always seems so hard to do !

No comments: